POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 Boning suggestion : Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:58:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion
From: Rune
Date: 30 Sep 2001 07:03:00
Message: <3bb6fbe4@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> I think you can do quite a lot with Povray's scripting features,
> for example replace the vertices with macro calls like:
>
> mesh2 {
>   vertex_vectors {
>     Transform1(<0.3, 0.7, 2.9>)
>
> With a macro containing a vtransform().

This has numerous problems:

* Its extremely slow for big meshes.

* Transforming the corresponding normals correctly is very difficult if
possible at all.

* It's very difficult to keep track of all the vertices this way.

> Weighted transforms are also possible with this method.

* vtransform don't give access to the different parts of the transformation
(which I named X, Y, Z and P), and thus the correct weighted average cannot
easily be performed. If you insist that it can be done, please provide a
macro that takes a weighted average of any number of transforms.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)