POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why does POV always evaluate both expressions with a '&'? : Re: Why does POV always evaluate both expressions with a '&'? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does POV always evaluate both expressions with a '&'?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 27 Sep 2001 10:04:06
Message: <3bb331d6@news.povray.org>
> Maybe it is just me as I am used to this from other programming languages I
> use. Is anybody else finding this annoying? I know that changing this can

It's a language thing. Some languages use short-circuit evaluation, and some
don't (e.g. certainly standard pascal, and probably some versions of basic at
the very least). So a pascal user might say the same thing as you if we changed
it to use short-circuit evals.

Apart from that above I'm not commenting on whether or not it will be changed,
I'm simply pointing out that it's not as illogical as you seem to think.

-- Chris