POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVGUI 1.5 : Re: POVGUI 1.5 Server Time
15 May 2024 18:32:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVGUI 1.5
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 26 Sep 2001 02:48:57
Message: <3bb17a59@news.povray.org>
Ok great, it works. For blobs though I think maybe using Runes blob macro might
be better - then you just show 1 sphere. What I'd like to see, though is the
ability to take any predefined object and use it something like this:

object {Object(object{MyObject,1,Silver,Polished_Chrome) translate y*3.5}

Maybe if you use trace this might be possible - but I've never used trace so I
can't be sure. I'm busy modelling a car with blobs and CSG and to convert it for
use with this macro would be quite tedious and quite confusing with the double
blobspheres.

Then again, it might have been easier if I had started with spline patches which
I still have to figure out.

I think PovGui is a good step for modelling in Pov and I appreciate everything
you've done here.

Thanks,

- Nekar