POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with TTF object, danish characters : Re: Problem with TTF object, danish characters Server Time
16 May 2024 23:06:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with TTF object, danish characters
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Sep 2001 10:29:01
Message: <3bb094ad@news.povray.org>
In article <3BAF9E54.A52F66DD@post8.tele.dk> , Nils Olav Kilen
<nok### [at] post8teledk>  wrote:

> At last - a useable hint! I tried the raw character code with "\uXXXX" and a
> little help from Character Map, and it worked! I must admit that I still have
> very limited knowledge of UTF8 coding, but I have noticed the 'unicode'
> markings in Character Map. I could never have guessed the \u-part by myself.

Hmm, while it is good that this works (so at least the TrueType rendering
works), I am still worried because of the UTF-8 problem.  If notepad indeed
claims it writes UTF-8, could you ZIP a (small) sample file with lots of
non-ASCII characters and post it in beta-test.binaries, please?  It would
help to find out what is wrong if the file is UTF-8.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde