POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : switch question : switch question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  switch question
From: Y
Date: 23 Sep 2001 14:52:13
Message: <3bae2f5d@news.povray.org>
As I can't keep up with the 3.5b versions ;) I'm still using 3.1 and Mega 7.0.

I'm sure that in Megapov7, one can include switches for the Width and Height
(+Wn & +Hn ?)  in the scene file but I cannot find an example of how it's done.
I have searched the docs, believe me ! but can't get the keywords Image_height
& width or +Wn to be recognized.  Will someone please give me the simple
code for use in the scene?

Also ... is it possible to specify AA depth and threshold in the scene?
I haven't been able to.
If not, what's the simplest method to use to change resolution and AA without
having to edit the Quickres INI every time?  Can i write my own INI and then
call it up to override the quickres.ini ?  I have zero experience with command
lines or useing sperate INI's.  Am reading up INI's right now.

One more Q ... am endeavoring to create some logos for a friend using 320x240
and 160x120.  At this res, what's the best AA threshold and depth to use ? They
don't take much time to render so I would like to shoot for the highest quality
Possible.
Tanks