POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Harold Baize
Date: 19 Sep 2001 14:00:58
Message: <3ba8dd5a$1@news.povray.org>
Jamie,
Two observations. First, it is the community
that is changing rather than POV-Ray. There
are more and more very sophisticated users.
Secondly, I think you are on to something
which is that the computer graphics environment
is changing. There are many powerful and
affordable CG packages now and the
niche for POV-Ray is becoming more the
hands-on programming specialty.

I'm not a programmer, yet I'm working on
two VisualBasic programs that generate
POV-Ray script. One takes social science
statistical data and generates attractive
stereoscopic pairs of bar charts and other
simple graphs. The other is very simple, it
generates random parameters for the Julia
fractal. Very fun though, I can spend hours
just running it over and over ;-)

Harold