POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Requested fisheye behavior : Re: Requested fisheye behavior (compared with ultra_wide_angle) Server Time
11 Jun 2024 20:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requested fisheye behavior (compared with ultra_wide_angle)
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Sep 2001 02:26:13
Message: <3ba83a85@news.povray.org>
Figured I better try a comparison of the two since I hadn't done so for
years.
ultra_wide_angle camera renders very differently so I was wrong to assume
they were more similar.

// cmd: +w300 +h300

// distortions of fisheye lens compared with ultra wide angle
camera {
// fisheye // uncomment
 ultra_wide_angle // comment
  location -z*1 // any distance
  look_at 0 // try 5 here also to see interesting effect
  up y
  right x*image_width/image_height
  angle 360 //
}

#declare Checker=
pigment {checker color rgb 0 color rgb 10 scale 0.05}

#declare Hexagon=
pigment {hexagon color red 10 color green 10 color blue 10 scale 0.05 rotate
90*x}

box {-1,1
        pigment {gradient z
                pigment_map {