POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Mike Hough
Date: 18 Sep 2001 18:33:43
Message: <3ba7cbc7$1@news.povray.org>
I made an export plugin for Hash's Animation Master available several years
ago that can potentially support parametric image mapping and animation but
no one seemed to be interested in an updated version so I have just kept it
to myself.  It's a $299 program and the price puts POV users off which makes
me wonder why POV support for Maya, a $4000 program, would be so different.

I've already expressed my regret that the rational bezier patch was omitted
from POV 3.5 because I feel the rendering method for patch type 2 was faster
and more accurate in many cases.  Most likely I will patch it back into 3.5
once the source code becomes available for my own personal use.