POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most common way to make POV files? : Re: Most common way to make POV files? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most common way to make POV files?
From: JMGP
Date: 18 Sep 2001 12:20:32
Message: <3ba77450@news.povray.org>

news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> I am wondering what is the most common way all of you build your POV
files?
> Do you code it by hand? Create the models in a seperate program and export
> to POV format?

I usually use Moray for my scenes, also hamapatch, spatch, poser, Amapi 3D,
elefont and so on, in fact, anything that serves to my purpose is OK.
I have always used a modeller (3DStudio 3 wsa the first one in 1996)
The code is usually retouched by hand before the final render.
(in fact, in Moray I work my scenes entering the coordinates directly to the
coordinates tab, so I don't end with something like 24.456789, but 24).

That's how I do it.

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet
http://www.geocities.com/txemijendrix