POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possibly stupid question re: autosave : Re: Possibly stupid question re: autosave Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possibly stupid question re: autosave
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 18 Sep 2001 11:24:56
Message: <3ba76748@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote in message
news:3ba55ba7@news.povray.org...
> Is there an autosave feature operative in either Mega 0.7 or 3.5?
>
> When working on important projects, I frequently end up with dozens of
> ini files,  walker01.pov, walker02.pov, etc.,  as I make stepwise
> improvements to complicated code.  Sometimes when I have to go back to
> an old file, it is halfway between two versions.  It's possible this is
> just error on my part, but I thought I'd ask..........

If you're using POV on Windows, the first time you render a scene after
startup it will give you the option to a) Save this file, b) save all files,
or c) render the saved version.  You also have a check-box for it not to
bother you again.  So, just check "leave me alone" and save all files.
Then, every time you render, all open files are saved.  Don't know about
other platforms, though.

...Chambers