POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most common way to make POV files? : Re: Most common way to make POV files? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most common way to make POV files?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 18 Sep 2001 08:03:41
Message: <3ba7381d@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
> Mostly hand code with an occasional mesh model.

    Just to expand a little. I love modelers. I like playing with them and
seeing how they prepare code, but when I need a scene, I start out with
text.

    The povray text editor is the best modeler there is. When you write
sphere {0,1} you have that sphere right where you want it. No problem with
turning on the "Grid" then using "snap to grid" then reading the numbers in
the status bar to make sure you have it in the right place.