POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : How to open 48bpp images with PC photoshop : How to open 48bpp images with PC photoshop Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  How to open 48bpp images with PC photoshop
From: Mike Hough
Date: 17 Sep 2001 21:36:10
Message: <3ba6a50a@news.povray.org>
I want to thank Glen for the previous thread.  Going by Kari's suggestions,
I rendered an image as a ppm image and saved it as a raw file.  It didn't
come in quite right but after some fiddling I found these are the settings
needed to import the ".raw" file:

count 3
interleaved
depth 16 bits
byte order mac
header size 17 bytes

Being the industry standard means you don't have to follow anyone else's
apparently.