POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Standard include files - not a proposal, yet : Re: Standard include files - not a proposal, yet Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard include files - not a proposal, yet
From: Nikodemus Siivola
Date: 16 Sep 2001 13:28:04
Message: <3ba4e124@news.povray.org>
"Jim Kress" <kre### [at] kressworkscom> wrote:

> You might want to talk to Ken about inclusion of a set of links that are
> specific to include files.  Also, why don't you start compiling and
> organizing a set of include files and keep them on your web site for
> everyone to access?

I could, but the point is that

a) I am an individual person, and my website might vanish like so many
others...

b) It would be nice to have a set of include-files with the team's stamp
of approval on them, published under a single licence or at most two.

One benefit I have not yet mentioned: Names. A standard include library
would prevent name collisions, or at least help avoid them.

 - Nikodemus