POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Requested fisheye behavior : Requested fisheye behavior Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:48:40 EDT (-0400)
  Requested fisheye behavior
From: Rune
Date: 16 Sep 2001 10:05:11
Message: <3ba4b197@news.povray.org>
The attached image shows how I think the fisheye camera should work. Right
now it completely ignores the up and right vectors in the camera, but I
think the up and right vector should be used to "stretch" the image, just
like for the other camera types. I've compared the requested fisheye
behavior to that of the perspective camera.

Note that just like in the other camera types, specifying the angle should
of course adjust the horizontal angle while still maintaining the aspect
ratio. The black border should not be affected by the angle though, but only
be controlled with the up and right vectors.

Hope it's clear now.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)

Attachments: