POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering patterns different in 3.1 and 3.5? : Rendering patterns different in 3.1 and 3.5? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering patterns different in 3.1 and 3.5?
From: Paragon
Date: 15 Sep 2001 00:34:46
Message: <3ba2da66@news.povray.org>
I noticed that rendering patterns in POV-Ray 3.1 and 3.5 give different
results.  Rendering in POV-Ray 3.5 with the following texture (as given by
Ricky[Kitty]5 in povray.binaries.images under 'more glass balls...') yields
a very soft pattern to objects this material is applied to.  But when
rendered in POV-Ray 3.1, the pattern appears much more defined.  Why the
change?  Is there any convention to use so that a scene with materials
intended to be rendered in POV-Ray 3.1 can be rendered in POV-Ray 3.5 with
the same look, or is it just a matter of manually tweaking?
I've posted images in povray.binaries.images comparing the same pattern
rendered in 3.1 and 3.5.

#declare Material1 =
   material  // Material1
   {