POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov file association : Re: pov file association Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov file association
From: Y
Date: 11 Sep 2001 15:21:12
Message: <3b9e6428@news.povray.org>
: > I'll try the additional associations.
: > Thanks
: > --
: > Y
: >
: Did the part that you copied to the clipboard have the FULL dir name?
: In my system it uses the 8.3 type of name, for example:
:
: C:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\bin\pvengine.exe /EDIT "%1"
:
: becomes:
:
: C:\PROGRA~1\POV-RA~1.5\bin\pvengine.exe /EDIT "%1"
:
: Perhaps that might be the problem?
: --
: Regards,
: Sander

Could be, Sander ... that's what I had to put into the new file associations
I made.  That works great ... thanks again Mark and Tom.
It would have simplified things to have it be POVW3.1 instead of the
long Filename it installed in but ... hey, I got it now.  Thanks.

I wasn't able to make it work from the SendTo shortcut properties as
Trevor did but ... it has that path alread in quotes so I couldn't finger
out how to get that /EDIT"%1" in there ... I tied it many ways.
Anyway ... now I don't need to as the right click menu allows me
to open whatever version I want ... SLICK !!!!