POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : post-3.5 patching? : Re: post-3.5 patching? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post-3.5 patching?
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 11 Sep 2001 11:48:39
Message: <3b9e3257@news.povray.org>
What about image size?  If you want to do a large or small render?
What about quality?  If you want to do a fast render, without AA?
What about output?  If you want to change the output file name, location or
type?
All these things are command line options.  To save typing, you are also
able to specify them in INI files.  It just doesn't make sense to "fix" such
things in the POV file, when they need to be more flexible.  Of course,
you -could- just change the settings in the POV file, but why should you
have to edit every POV file you get if you want to change the output name?

Remember what the INI files are, an extension of the command line and, as
such, extremely useful.

...Chambers