POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov file association : Re: pov file association Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov file association
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 11 Sep 2001 01:14:26
Message: <3b9d9db2$1@news.povray.org>
Y wrote in message <3b9d835c@news.povray.org>...

>Or ... does someone have a better idea of how to send the
>target .pov file to the POV program I want to run ?

I'd just create file associations for all versions of POV.  The names of the
menu options may vary depending on your version of Windows, but the
procedure for Win98 is as follows:
(Warning: Try to keep the various "Edit"s straight :-)

1) Open a folder, and select "Folder Options" from the "View" menu.
2) Click on the "File Types" tab
3) Scroll down to "POV-Ray scene file"
4) Select it, and hit the "Edit" button.
5) Select the "Edit" item in the "Actions" list box, and hit the "Edit"
button.
6) Select the text in "Application used to perform action", and copy it to
the clipboard
7) Hit the "Cancel" button
8) Click the "New" button
9) Type the name of the action (i.e. "Open with MegaPOV") in the "Action"
text box
10) Paste the text you copied in step (6) into the "Application used to
perform action" box
11) Edit that text to include the file and path of the version of POV you
want to use
12) Hit the "OK" button
13) Repeat steps 8-12 for other versions of POV.
14) Hit the "Close" button
15) Hit the "Close" button

--
Mark