POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : post-3.5 patching? : Re: post-3.5 patching? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post-3.5 patching?
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 9 Sep 2001 19:07:10
Message: <3b9bf61e@news.povray.org>
news:3b9bbd47$1@news.povray.org...
> This feature has been left for a lot, lot of reasons.  It really doesn't
> belong in the scene description <snip>

Hmm.. I don't think I agree with you there. Personally, I'd like the option
of using it or not. I prefer to make my scenes 'stand alone', without having
to load an ., and 'ini_option' would be especially useful when 3rd parties
render your scenes, so image size/ratio can be preset. Also, being able to
place the +QR switch in the scene saves a lot of annoying 'no radiosity'
moments!

I think they should have their own block (  ini_settings {}  ) too.

Still, I am resigned to them not being in future versions of megaPOV.

All the best,

Andy Cocker