POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any "parameterised" modellers : Re: Any "parameterised" modellers Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any "parameterised" modellers
From: Arnold the Aardvark
Date: 7 Sep 2001 11:07:37
Message: <3b98e2b9@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote in message
> Don't know if I understood right, but in Moray you can declare the objects
> (of course;), give them names, and group them ...

Sorry if I was a bit woolly. I want to do the equivalent of this:

#declare Major = 3.0
#declare Minor = 1.0

torus{ Major, Minor translate<0, 0, Major*Minor>}

Now I can alter the model just by changing the values of
Major and Minor. IIRC Moray requires me to enter all the
dimensions as numbers - no expressions allowed.

Thanks

Arnold the Aardvark