POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Meshes & polygon edges : Re: Meshes & polygon edges Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meshes & polygon edges
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 4 Sep 2001 11:25:58
Message: <3b94f286@news.povray.org>
> This comes as a surprise to
> most people, but what can happen is the following:
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/uvproblem.gif

I thought this problem only arises on scanliners, but as I see your sketches
now, it's clear to me, that without any corrections it must happen to all
triangulated polygons....
Would it help, to tesselate this into four triangles by adding another vertex
in the center of the polygon ?
would this avoid the distortion or is this only a "better error" (you know
what I mean) ...
If so, what is the correct procedure, to avoid this ?

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>