POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 10best.raytrace.com: beta test the upload pages : Re: 10best.raytrace.com: beta test the upload pages Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10best.raytrace.com: beta test the upload pages
From: Rune
Date: 28 Aug 2001 15:48:17
Message: <3b8bf581@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> i think i already mentioned these categories seem rather
> bad chosen to me, nothing really fits. (at least for me :-))

I agree. There's lots of the really skilled POV-Ray artists who have never
even participated in the IRTC and who will thus have to settle for
"Dabbler".

One way would be to use categories like art type / realism type / math type
/ science type / architecture type / path writer type / etc., but that will
collide partly with the styles/themes, and besides, some people might be in
more than one category.

For it really to make sense you'd have to use a linear scale (so you can
only be in one category), so I agree that 'beginner'-'medium'-'advanced' is
good.

BTW, I notice the site is in the POV-Ray NewRing and the POV-Ray Ring Japan,
but why not be included in the original POV-Ray Webring too (which is also
far bigger)? Unless of course you refuse because it's run by Yahoo!...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)