POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Random hull plates / Tech texture : Random hull plates / Tech texture Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Random hull plates / Tech texture
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 26 Aug 2001 12:35:11
Message: <3b89253f$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone seen the Pontiac commercial where the car is driving down a
'technical' road.  The road look slike a series of overlapping square and
triangular shapes, and seems to be bump-mapped as well.

I'd like to develop a procedural texture that's like that.  I thought of
using either bricks or checkers, but the object here would be to make it
look like overlapping squares.

I've seen several requests for something like this but no specific answers,
so I thought maybe we could come up with something as a group.

If we really get desperate, maybe adding some code to MegaPOV to do an iso
surface.  Whoops, this may be the wrong group <G>.

Is there a way to make the square boxes in either bricks or checker to move
randomly in the x/y directions?

        == John ==