POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Good render jobs? : Re: Good render jobs? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good render jobs?
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 22 Aug 2001 16:19:36
Message: <3b8413d8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
If you want a very demanding file, look at my last entry:
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2001-06-30/warm_up.jpg
some say, its looking quite good.

But it needs a really good machine!
On my Athlon C 1400 MHz with 1 GByte PC133 render time was 101 h (AA 0.1)
and peak memory was 1110 MByte. A bigger version with 2048*1536 (AA 0.3)
took another 17 d render time.
Please mail me, if you want to try it (perhaps you can make an even bigger
version ?).
I would send you the zip with the whole scene (24 MByte).

Norbert