POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Music of the spheres... : Re: Music of the spheres... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music of the spheres...
From: Chris Jeppesen
Date: 21 Aug 2001 18:08:20
Message: <3b82dbd4$1@news.povray.org>
I have tried this method. The idea is that shining a light on an object with
negative diffuse actually makes it *darker*. However, it appears (This is
what the guys on the group said) that diffuse intensity is clipped at zero.
Having said that, I have rendered a model like this and (also based on
Thomas' model) I can't see the lights on the lit side of the earth, but can
on the dark side, so I call it acceptable.