POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Who are the TAG team ? : Re: Who are the TAG team ? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who are the TAG team ?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 17 Aug 2001 14:04:34
Message: <3b7d5cb2@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...

> Well, those who post with "@tag.povray.org" on their addresses might be
> TAG members.

    Sure, but my news reader just lists, for example, Warps posts as from
"Warp", I only get to see the @tag.povray.org if I specifically check the
message properties, or someone, with a reader that put's it into 'previous
message' bit, replies to one of his posts...

> My point is that as Chris mentioned in his post, there are people who have
> access to pre-beta builds of 3.5 who are neither Team members nor TAG
> members, so knowing who is and isn't won't help a bit with your real
> concern.

    And my point was that there are people saying things about 3.5 and in
the vast majority of cases there's no easy way to determine how valid what
is being said is - if one could just glance at the .sig and see 'TAG' then
one could assume that what they're saying is probably accurate - as it
stands, unless you know that someone is a TAG or POV-Team member or you go
to the effort of finding out, the only safe thing to do is to take any talk
of 3.5 with a pinch of salt...

BTW, yes, all this is dependant on what news reader one is using and a
better one would list the authors full e-mail address, but, just how many
people are reading these groups in anything other than OE (or another reader
that hides the information) ?
--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*