POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Who are the TAG team ? : Re: Who are the TAG team ? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who are the TAG team ?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 17 Aug 2001 13:26:15
Message: <3b7d53b7$1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:41:31 +0100, Scott Hill wrote:
> >    I only ask because with all the talk about 3.5 lately (particularly
what
> >will and won't be included) it would be nice to know whether what one is
> >reading carries any kind of weight (that is, assuming the TAG team know
what
> >they're talking about regarding 3.5)...
>
> They do,

    They do ? I didn't want to point fingers, but, lets see, shall we :

Exhibit A : Warps posting in the "Re: Why trace don't work with method 2
isosurfaces" in p.u.p - no mention that he's a TAG member there...
Exhibit B : Ken Tylers posting in the "Re: Question about icon" thread in
p.w - no mention that he's a TAG member...

> and of course we do

    Well, I was talking about the TAG, not the POV-Team...

> but there are others that are neither Team
> nor TAG who know what they're talking about regarding 3.5, so such an
> indicator would not be as useful as you might think.

    Sure, but there's a lot of talk about 3.5 around atm, and it would be
nice to have some indication of what's likely to be true, without having to
remember exactly who is a TAG member...

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*