POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 : License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000
From: Ed Brannin
Date: 11 Aug 2001 15:56:46
Message: <3b758dfe$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=15121&fp=T

"3D Render Studio 2000 has the tools to put photorealistic 3-D rendering
within your reach!

State-of-the-art ray tracing software, known as 'POV Ray,' gives you the
design power equal to 3-D applications costing thousands of dollars!

This is professional-quality 3-D rendering software that's already being
used by thousands of 3-D artists worldwide. It also includes Web links to
great 3-D texture libraries and 3-D models.

Render photorealistic images that have accurate lighting, reflections,
textures, shadows, and more. Create single objects or entire 3-D scenes.
Your only limit is your imagination! "

This is obviously a license violation.  Ironically, the price at Overstock
(with its "Best price guarantee") is the highest one I was able to find -
most other sites list it for $10-15.

Anyone know how to reach this "WinGear"?  I don't know how much the POV-Team
goes after violators, but here's the info for them if they feel like talking
to this one.
The CD is also available at these URLs (and surely others):
http://www.e-cdrom.com/3drenstud20j.html
http://previousversion.bizland.com/store/product27.html
http://www.spiritekproducts.com/Cat3drender.htm
http://www.actioncd.com/info.asp?product_id=3DRENDERS2K

-Ed Brannin, POV user since...well, 3.1g (meek look)
brannins at hotmail dotcom
codepoet at livejournal dotcom