POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 3.6? : Re: 3.6? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.6?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 9 Aug 2001 08:49:52
Message: <3b7286f0@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3b71c869$1@news.povray.org>,
>  "Scott Hill" <nos### [at] nospamthanks> wrote:
>
> >     Yes, of course... Though, the text object enhancements seem the
better
> > way to do it - keep the text alignment as a property of the text
object...

> Why is that good? Any object can be aligned, not just text objects.

    Oh, I'm not saying that the object bounds features should be removed and
the text alignment features kept. More that, alignment is a property of text
and it would seem to be more logical to have this ability built into the
text object... Imagine yourself as new POV user - you just want to get some
fancy textured text in your scene - you check out the docs on text, write
your script, and then think "Now I want that bit of text centered, that bit
left aligned and that other bit right aligned..." - with text alignment
commands the solution is obvious, without, it's not so obvious...

    Anyhow, it's not all that important, I just recall reading the text
alignment bit in the MegaPOV docs and thinking "Cool... a nice, easy, way to
align text...".

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*