POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVGUI : Re: POVGUI Server Time
2 Jun 2024 03:44:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVGUI
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 8 Aug 2001 08:43:17
Message: <3b7133e5@news.povray.org>
"Dave Dunn" <poi### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

> "Bob H." wrote:
>
> > >No, I think he meant the  global_settings {post_process { find_edges {
> > >Depth, Normal, Color, Line, Sharp, Pigment } } }  which changes things to a
> > >cartoon-like appearance.
> > >Section 12.6 of the doc, where I paraphrased that from.
>
> I admit that hadn't even occurred to me. I am wondering if a post effect might
> not even take longer to render. I have tried the +q1 switch in views.inc and
it
> works like a charm, stripping off the shadows, reflections, and highlights,
> leaving only the object and its pigment pattern. Renders way fast too, so it
> wasn't a wasted effort.

Bob was right about what I meant, but I'm glad you found a better way as I
didn't think it was a post-process effect, which is the reason why I couldn't
find it in the docs.

Another idea:
Wouldn't it be possible to take a scene as an object and duplicate it on 4
sections of the render scene, each time rotating it for a different view and
then clipping it to give a front/top/side/isometric view result on one screen?
Front/top/side/perspective would be even nicer, but I don't know if that's
possible.

- Nekar