POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating 2D clouds? : generating 2D clouds? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  generating 2D clouds?
From: Greg Wade
Date: 6 Aug 2001 02:12:23
Message: <3b6e3547$1@news.povray.org>
I'm a new povray user, so please be patient with me.

I want to generate a nice high resolution bitmap of clouds to use in my real
time application. I can generate a sky sphere, but this isn't any good
because it's round. I want a square bitmap. When I try making the camera
orthagonal, the sky sphere doesn't seem to render correctly.

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. How would I do this? Perhaps I should generate
the clouds on a plane somehow, then use an orthagonal view?

Thanks,

Greg.