POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : best way to plot 3D density field : Re: best way to plot 3D density field Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: best way to plot 3D density field
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 5 Aug 2001 19:28:49
Message: <3b6dd6b1$1@news.povray.org>
"Dr. Paul Fons" <pfo### [at] maccom> wrote :

> Hi I am a newcomer to povray (just downloaded it and read some of the
> documentation).

    You are about to have either some fun or some frustration.

> I was curious as to the best way to plot a three
> dimensional set of experimental data (on a mesh).

    Boy am I ever the wrong person to answer this question... so I won't.

> Is it possible to plot
> the data as a fog-like substance or an isosurface?

    Yes. This much I know for sure. Someone will be along in a hour or
twelve who can tell you how.

> Are there any examples
> out there I could bootstrap from.

    Probably. Again, keep checking back.

> If it matters, the data is actually a
> wavefunction determined from tem structure factor data.  The idea is to
> make beautiful graphics from the data and compare it previously existing
> data (and show the improvements).

    Yow.

> Thanks for any help you can offer. I
> can be found at pau### [at] aistgojp.  Thanks in advance.

    Hope this helps... I know I hate it when I have to wonder if anyone will
ever answer a question.