POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Shuttle Radar Topography Mission : Re: Shuttle Radar Topography Mission Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shuttle Radar Topography Mission
From: Bob H
Date: 5 Aug 2001 12:56:46
Message: <3b6d7ace@news.povray.org>
All you really need to do is convert the DEM into TGA using one of the
several programs capable of doing so.
I've used Wilbur:
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~jslayton/software.html
The POV Links has what looks like a real good one:
http://www.monumental.com/rshorne/3dem.html
And a web page worth looking at (mentions POV-Ray) is:
http://www.geocities.com/digital_terrain/

Then all you have to do is use the image as a height_field.

Bob H.