POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Hamapatch version (2.4) : Re: New Hamapatch version (2.4) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Hamapatch version (2.4)
From: Anoop Kumar
Date: 3 Aug 2001 11:31:30
Message: <3b6ac3d2@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Warp wrote in message <3b6a8d9d@news.povray.org>...
>  I seldom use graphical modellers, but the few times I have done so, I
have
>become accustomed to how Moray works. I really like the shortcut keys in
>Moray, which allow you to extremely easily zoom, pan, rotate and so on the
>view of a window by just pressing shift, control, alt, etc. It makes it
very
>easy to zoom to a certain point or to change the point of view, which is a
>great aid.

Well, actually, even Hamapatch has these aids, though, perhaps not
emphasized in the docs.Like RButton zooms, middle button pans and a few
others which you can get to know if you go to help>edit_shortcut_keys and
keep clicking. Besides, like the name says, you can define your own.

>  I really hope that some type of "Moray compatibility mode" would be
added
>to Hamapatch. It would make working with the program a lot easier and
nicer.

From version 2.3.2 Moray compatibility has also been added. In the sense
that you can use all of sPatch's plugins (directly, far as I remember)
within Hamapatch. Including, of course, direct Moray export (using Lutz's
own plugin for Spatch that exports in Moray .mdl format)Of course, till now
that meant Bezier patches (or Bicubic patches), which you couldn't use for
csg. Hopefully, with the addition of mesh2 format, that should change. For
me, that would be a really bright day: when I could combine the
extraordinary interface-to-PovRay, csg ops & general ease-of-use with
Hamapatch's wonderful vertex editing and organic capabilities.

Not to say that Moray isn't - at present - vastly superior.And not
mentioning that Hamapatch is free and *all* of 375 kb (approx);-)

Regards,
-Anoop

p.s. Also Hamapatch reads and writes a lot many more formats than Moray (so
you can use sobjects  from other programs & the net ) Also. it's the only
program, so to say, that can export in Moray's internal format (this
includes Moray itself AFAIK - even with 3dWin!)