POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Arrays : Arrays Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Arrays
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 24 Jul 2001 18:22:03
Message: <3b5df50b$1@news.povray.org>
I think I may have just noticed my problem with arrays. I am sure I read
it once but I just noticed that the POV-Ray docs claim that arrays can only
be as large as array[5][x]. Is this true?!

    IOW, if I have a list of planetary data for 9 planets, listing their
name, radius, mass and distance from sun, I have to rearrange it into a list
of names, a list of masses, a list of radii and a list of distances? (I am
doing this anyway to see if it solves my problems, but I am mad that for all
this time I thought that I was just not understanding array initialization
and reading)

    Please tell me I am misreading things and that povray can take an
array[9][4]. Or, and this is the real question, that megapov can take arrays
of useful sizes.

    And -why- would someone bother to make an array function but only make
it good for [5][x]?