POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : contained_by qiery : Re: contained_by qiery Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:06:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contained_by qiery
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Jul 2001 07:24:33
Message: <3b5ab7f1@news.povray.org>
In article <3b5a415a@news.povray.org> , "Dennis Milller"
<dhm### [at] mediaonenet> wrote:

> Well to clarify, the shape of the contained_by object is very clear (a box
> or a sphere) in some points of the animations that I am working on. I'm
> trying to find out if there are any ways to modify those shapes, which are
> like a frame for the isosurface. Why you can't rotate or scale the
> contained-by object independent of the isosurface itself or for that matter,
> use other types of contained by shapes (cylinder, cone, etc.).

Well, be aware that scaling or rotating an isosurface object does work on
its container only, not the isosurface function (because its easier to
implement).  So you just have to put the transformations in the isosurface
block, not the contained_by block.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde