POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : contained_by qiery : contained_by qiery Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:03:42 EDT (-0400)
  contained_by qiery
From: Dennis Milller
Date: 21 Jul 2001 13:03:29
Message: <3b59b5e1$1@news.povray.org>
Hello. I wonder if there is any way to modify or transform the box or sphere
inside the contain_by statement. Often when making isosurfaces, I see the
outline of the contained_by object. In fact, are those the only two legal
contained_by objects, and why can't you rotate or otherwise modify what's
inside the statement?
For example, this doesn't work:
contained_by {box <-X, -X, -X>, <X, X, X> rotate 90}
nor does this: {{box <-X, -X, -X>, <X, X, X> rotate 90}  }

Are there any ways to modify the box or sphere and why can't other shapes be
used?
Thanks much,
Dennis

--