POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Scripting : Scripting Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Scripting
From: Rocco Rutte
Date: 18 Jul 2001 05:12:06
Message: <3b5552e6@news.povray.org>
before asking the question, let me first describe what i'm planing to do:

i'd like to render a movie. using povray's built-in animation function is
to complicated. so i use perl to write the povray files according to my
"storyboard". because rendering the animation at once (i plan about half an
hour or so) would take to long i'd like to split it. after each session i'd
like to compress the .tga's in an mpeg-stream. the mpeg-streams are to be
merged later. so is there any tool available for the unix platform (linux
would be okay, too) i could use to compress a number of .tga's to one .mpeg?

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenten.
- Isaak Asimov (1920-1992)