POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color help... : Re: Color help... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color help...
From: Bob H
Date: 16 Jul 2001 10:08:36
Message: <3b52f564@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> "Michael Andrews" <M.C### [at] readingacuk> wrote in message
> news:3B5### [at] readingacuk...
> >
> > If anyone can see another way of doing it I would also like to know ...
>
> What I just thought of was to use the MegaPOV angle dependent reflection
in
> a two layered texture, trick being to use opposing min and max color
> vectors.  Maybe that has already been mentioned, if so I didn't notice.

Okay, maybe that wasn't relating to the previous message reply so much but I
just gave it a try to see how it would look.  It's close to that kind of car
paint, since cars do reflect it's about all it might pass for becuase it
certainly isn't a ny sort of angle dependent pigment.

sphere {0,1
texture {
 pigment {rgb .25}
  finish {
        reflection_type 0 reflection_min <.1,0,0> reflection_max <1,0,0>
        }
}
texture {
 pigment {rgbt .75}
  finish {
        reflection_type 0 reflection_min <0,0,1> reflection_max <0,0,.1>
        }
}
}

Bob H.