POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bezier patches problem : Re: bezier patches problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bezier patches problem
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 16 Jul 2001 03:01:14
Message: <3b52913a@news.povray.org>
The two middle control points only affect the slope of the curve.
The curve begins with a slope from c0 to c1, and ends with a
slope of c2 to c3.  So, if you line up c2 and c3 from one curve
on a straight line with c0 and c1 from the next curve over, they
fit.

...Chambers

PS BTW, I recently wrote a small utility to generate a mesh based
on a bezier patch.  The meshes render on my system up to 3x
faster than the patches, even when evaluated to thousands of
triangles.