POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Sun thread? : Sun thread? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:09:54 EDT (-0400)
  Sun thread?
From: Eli Ewok Brody
Date: 11 Jul 2001 18:27:39
Message: <3b4cd2db@news.povray.org>
I remember, not long ago, coming across a fantastic thread about true
sunlight. I recall it started out as a question about POV limitations
concerning the floating point accuracy ("Do I really have to make the sun 8
light minutes away?"), and quickly turned into a great discussion about how
far away the lightsource has to be to create parallel rays.

    I would really like to see it again (I foolishly failed to save it).
Anybody know?

    Thanks,

    -Eli