POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV performance : Re: POV performance Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV performance
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Jul 2001 16:03:43
Message: <3b4b5f9f@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...

> My first computer was a Timex/Sinclair 1000.  If memory serves, it was
> essentially the same hardware as the Sinclair ZX-81, but with 2K of RAM
> instead of 1K.  I have a ZX-81 in a box in the garage, too.  I even have
> the flaky 16K RAM expansion and (I think) the thermal printer.

That was my first as well, might remember me saying before, and I was
thinking Mr. Art here has one too.  Mine still sits in the corner of a
bookshelf with a few tapes and the 16K module.
I used to look at the 2000 model in magazines thinking I might get one with
color output one day, but by then I realized they were pretty limited in
hardware.  Kind of a notebook PC of their day though if it weren't for
needing a television.
I can never forget how one of my nieces ran around the dining room table
while I programmed the last lines of a bunch of code for planet orbits,
which was being copied from a book (thank goodness!), and she ran into the
power wire pulling the plug out of the wall.  Was also my first encounter
with a computing *disaster*.

Bob H.