POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AOL access to POVray : Re: AOL access to POVray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOL access to POVray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Jul 2001 12:55:13
Message: <3b40a771@news.povray.org>
In article <3B408DE2.77C070AB@aol.com> , Dave Dunn <poi### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> As the POV-Ray Resource Specialst for AOL, you'd think I could get an
> answer to the same question, but I can't. I can get in to these groups
> only through the Netscape Communicator Newsgroups area. But, since you
> are stuck on AOL <g>, you may want to come and see us at Keyword POV.

Which is correct because if you check the article header you will find out:

may NOT be distributed on USENET or other news servers.
<<

I assume AOL gets its newsgroup list from USENET and therefore only a real
news client like the one in Netscape will be able to access these groups
because these groups are _not_ part of USENET.

   Thorsten