POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon Slab Building Error : Re: Photon Slab Building Error Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:52:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon Slab Building Error
From: Kynar
Date: 26 Jun 2001 19:48:29
Message: <3b391f4d@news.povray.org>
I have tried eliminating all applications and modules in memory that were
not essential to the system's operation.  I have tried cold boot, warm boot,
hibernating off, sleep off, etc.   I think it is probably an allocation
error when the photon map is being setup for storage.  I really do
appreciate the time and trouble you took to run this and then relay the
stats.  I will compare to my output to see if there are any dramatic
differences.  Yes have noticed the high intensity transmission beam you
mentioned.  Not certain why that happens.  Still playing with photons.
Trying to figure it all out.  Will try your suggestions.

Thanks again for the response and effort.  Regards,

JP