POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : another math graphics gallery : Re: another math graphics gallery Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another math graphics gallery
From: Rune
Date: 24 Jun 2001 07:01:33
Message: <3b35c88d$1@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> Something else, i sometimes reuse others' code as a
> basis to create my own one
> there usually is not much left from the original
> I personally feel this is not so problematic,
> because i myself would not be concerned about others
> doing the same with my code, but i'm not sure if
> this is really correct.

Just like you, I think it's not a big problem. Again, I think the question
is if there's anything left in your code that is the intellectual property
of the original author. I.e. does your texture contain any of the elements
that made the original texture unique?

However, that's just my opinion. I too would like to know if that's actually
correct or not.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)