POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereo Rendering? : Re: Stereo Rendering? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereo Rendering?
From: Bob H
Date: 18 Jun 2001 09:38:02
Message: <3b2e043a$1@news.povray.org>
Mirrors are slow to use if you want animation within a reasonable time (boy,
that varies person to person).
I too had made a stereo camera using the angled mirrors way, just a little
angle trickery involved.  No, nothing mathematical from me.  I found how the
subject of the view is next to impossible to get a good normal scene into
the camera.
I'm rushing through these news messages because my access was gone more than
3 days and it's catching up time so sorry if I rehash this point.
Seems Bill has come to the same conclusion.
If I remember right it was faster to render two times rather than a single
4-mirror way, for a simple scene anyhow.
That SAB POV looked great to me.  When will it be incorporated into
"official" POV-Ray? :-)
Thanks for that posting Stefan, expect e-mail as soon as I figure out where
the address is.

Bob H.