POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Shadowless is hotspot-less - a bug??? : Shadowless is hotspot-less - a bug??? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  Shadowless is hotspot-less - a bug???
From: Paul Blaszczyk
Date: 12 Jun 2001 17:06:52
Message: <3b26846c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

i've tested some texture options and metioned that all my objects has no
hotspots and they are not shaded (looking 2D...flat...). I've tested this
with spheres.

After removing the "shadowless" keyword from my light_source all objects are
shaded and have hot spots. First i was working in mp 0.7 and tested it also
with 3.1g, but with the same result.

Is this a bug??  When i turn on shadows in the light definition and shut off
the shadow in the objects ("no_shadow" keyword) they are shaded and have
hotspots!!!
But that is not the result i expect, because i'm using some lights to make
hotspots on a object (lit this) but only one or two lights should have
shadows on.

Paul