POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : View from a plane -1- : Re: View from a plane -1- Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: View from a plane -1-
From: Bob H
Date: 4 Jun 2001 13:34:27
Message: <3b1bc6a3@news.povray.org>
"jansb000" <jan### [at] wxsnl> wrote in message

> When viewing at the plane from different angles, and even when viewing
from
> the cockpit and other windows, I want a realistic ground surface.
> I currently use a plane for this, but was wondering if it would be better
> use a large sphere. The problem with a sphere is that it is difficult (for
> me) to position the airplane correctly. While the airplane moves, it would
> be necessary to constantly change the camera UP vector.

One way would be to rotate the sphere beneath the airplane instead.

Rotating the camera will work, just a little trickier if you need it to
turn.  Just try this out in animation to test.

#declare Rx=360*clock;
#declare E=1000;

camera {location <0,E,0> look_at <0,E,1> rotate x*Rx}
light_source {<1,10000,1000>,1}
plane {y,-1111 pigment {rgb 1} finish {ambient .2}}
sphere {0,E-10 pigment {checker color rgb 1 color rgb 0 scale 10}
 finish {ambient .3}}

Bob H.