POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : View from a plane -1- : View from a plane -1- Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  View from a plane -1-
From: jansb000
Date: 4 Jun 2001 06:00:30
Message: <3b1b5c3e$1@news.povray.org>
I am working on an animation where one large plane is flying through the
air.

When viewing at the plane from different angles, and even when viewing from
the cockpit and other windows, I want a realistic ground surface.
I currently use a plane for this, but was wondering if it would be better to
use a large sphere. The problem with a sphere is that it is difficult (for
me) to position the airplane correctly. While the airplane moves, it would
be necessary to constantly change the camera UP vector.

Is there any experience with this topic out there?