POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh & memory ? : Re: mesh & memory ? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh & memory ?
Date: 1 Jun 2001 16:44:59
Message: <3b17fe4a.167258621@news.povray.org>
Based on some volume tests I made a long time ago my guess would be up
to 250-300 MB total memory requirement for rendering a 500 000
triangle mesh. At that time I didn't go much past 250 000 triangles as
I only had 16 (or was it 32) MB of real RAM on the machine, The
bounding phase took a while with a constantly flashing HD light.
Rendering time wasn't too bad, but getting to that point was more than
half the total time.

/Erkki